A perfectly sweetened lunchbox treat that’s actually good for you!
Why they’re good for you:
- Whole wheat flour will help keep you fuller for longer – it has lots of fibre!
- Bananas are high in potassium, Vitamin B6 and fibre
- Greek or natural yoghurt is full of protein and calcium to help growing bodies
What you need:
- 150g whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 tbs honey
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup strawberries, diced (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 160C and lightly coat 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana, honey and yoghurt, mixing thoroughly. Add in the dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed. Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Place on a wire rack until room temperature and serve.
- Double the recipe and freeze leftover muffins for breakfasts or snacks throughout the week!