Forget about having to camouflage the veg in this healthy dinner option. These little beauties shine all on their own!
Why they’re good for you:
- Chickpeas are high in fibre and protein and contain several key vitamins and minerals
- Eggs are full of protein, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals
- Broccoli contains Vitamin C, Vitamin K and calcium
- Greek-style or low-fat natural yoghurt is packed with protein and probiotics
What you need:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tin chickpeas
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped broccoli or cauliflower
- 3 cups mixed grated vegetables like zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, parsnip or potato
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbs chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Greek-style or low-fat natural yoghurt, salsa or chutney to serve
- Combine the eggs, chickpeas, onion, broccoli and grated vegetables in a large bowl. Add the flour, curry powder, dill and half the lemon juice and mix well until combined.
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using heaped teaspoons of the mixture, cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and firm. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with natural yoghurt, chutney or salsa and dress with the remaining lemon juice.