Deliciously tasty, oven-baked, thick-cut potato chips? Sweet.
Why they’re good for you:
- Sweet potatoes are low GI, meaning they help keep you and your child fuller for longer!
- Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamins A and C – they are powerful antioxidants
- Olive oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats and antioxidants – it’s great in small amounts
- Greek or natural yoghurt is packed with protein and calcium to help growing bodies
What you need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chip size
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs mixed Italian herbs
- 2 tbs Greek-style low fat yoghurt
- 2 tbs olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except for the virgin olive oil and natural yoghurt. Spread onto a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes if thinly cut, 40 minutes if thickly cut, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with natural yoghurt and extra virgin olive oil.