This is certainly one way to make fish ‘delish’. Combine them with our herb mayo and watch them disappear before your very eyes.
Why they’re good for you:
- Salmon is rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy heart
- Eggs are full of protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals
- Olive oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats and antioxidants – it’s great in small amounts
What you need:
- 500g salmon fillet, cut into 5mm cubes or 415g tinned salmon
- 3 tbs dry breadcrumbs
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Place the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg, lime zest, 3 tsp lime juice and 2 tsp dill in a bowl. Stir until mixture comes together and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- With wet hands, use 2 heaped teaspoons of mixture at a time to shape into 36 small round cakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frypan. Cook the salmon cakes in batches over medium heat for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- For the herb mayonnaise, mix the remaining lime juice and dill with the mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl. Top each cake with a little herb mayonnaise. Serve immediately. These can be refrigerated for up to a week so are great for emergency meals!
- Pair with homemade roasted sweet potato chips and a mixed salad, or basmati or brown rice and some steamed vegetables.