Crunchy, crispy and crazily scrumptious.
Why they’re good for you:
- Chickpeas contain lots of protein and fibre
- Olive oil contains good fats and is okay in small amounts
- Spices are an easy way to add lots of flavour to food without a lot of salt
What you need:
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- HINT: use any spices you have available at home
- Preheat oven to 150oC fan-forced (180C for other ovens).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain, rinse and pat chickpeas dry using paper towel.
- Pour chickpeas into a bowl.
- Add oil and mix until the chickpeas are coated.
- Add spices and mix until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the lined baking tray and roast for 1 hour or until crispy.