Vibrant, tasty and healthy … nothing will rev up the kids’ appetites more than one of our Mexican-inspired quesadillas!
Why they’re good for you:
- Multi-grain or wholegrain wraps are packed with fibre and are low GI, providing a steady source of energy
- Avocados are a great source of healthy, unsaturated fats and are great in small amounts
- Eggs are full of protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals
- Greek or natural yoghurt is packed with probiotics to help promote healthy digestion
What you need:
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 pinch cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shallots, finely sliced
- Handful of a variety of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 4 multigrain or wholemeal wraps
- Use a fork to mash the avocado, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix in the shallots and cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl with the natural yoghurt. Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the eggs and gently scramble using a wooden spoon, then mix through the coriander.
- Divide the avocado mixture between the wraps. Spoon the eggs over the top and repeat for the remaining wraps.
- Place a grill or fying pan over medium heat. Cook one quesadilla at a time for around 3 minutes, carefully flipping over to the other side for a further 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm.