Forget those unhealthy takeaway versions. One bite of our super-scrumptious breaky burger and they’ll be hooked!
Why it’s good for you:
- Wholegrain muffins or rolls are high in fibre and low GI, providing a slow, steady source of energy, and are great for digestive health
- Cheese is rich in protein and a source of calcium to help grow strong muscles and bones
- Eggs are full of protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals
- Avocados are a great source of healthy, unsaturated fats and are great in small amounts
What you need:
- 1 wholegrain English muffin or roll
- 1 tbs cottage cheese
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 1 egg, boiled, poached or fried (in a non-stick pan with canola spray, if desired)
- 2 to 3 slices of fresh tomato
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the muffin or wholegrain roll.
- Spread the cottage cheese (or sliced bocconcini) and avocado on the burger and top with the egg.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and black pepper.
- Serve warm.