If you say ‘oats’ do they yawn? There’ll be no chance of that happening with this berry-laden, banana-flavoured tummy pleaser.
Why it’s good for you:
- Rolled oats are packed with fibre and are low GI (so your child will be fuller for longer!)
- Greek or natural yoghurt is packed with protein and calcium to help growing bodies
- Bananas are high in potassium, Vitamin B6 and fibre
- Berries can be an excellent source of fibre and are rich in antioxidants
What you need:
- ½ cup traditional rolled oats
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 4 large ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Substitute any of your child’s favourite fruits and serve immediately!