This section is dedicated to supporting Queensland health professionals to identify and manage children at risk of being or are above a healthy weight, and refer them to other appropriate health professionals and programs to ensure they get the help they need.
This information is provided across four sections:
- Communicating with families
- Education and learning
- Clinical resources and tools including the Model of Care and Referral Pathway
- Research and data
It aims to enable clinicians to:
- Access up-to-date guidelines to identify, assess and manage children’s weight.
- Access resources and tools to help children and their families achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Identify education, learning and training to assist in practice.
- Consider all aspects of managing children who may be overweight or obese, through prevention and early intervention; primary, secondary, tertiary or quaternary health care services.